Sunday, August 9, 2009

Welcome Baby Girl!


Glenn and I welcomed Addison Elizabeth early Friday morning (August 7) at 2:17 am! She was 7lbs & 3.8ozs and 20" long. Not bad for being a week + overdue!


I would love to share her birth story - but it's a long one and at the moment I'm really tired and think that I might fall asleep here as I type! Suffice it to say that it started with my 41 week appointment (Wednesday afternoon) that included an ultrasound to check my amneotic fluid levels and a non stress test to check out Addison's heart rate... and ended with her birth Friday morning at 2am with the midwife commenting that Addison's labor/delivery was 'unconventional'. Through it all we saw God's provision, favor, mercy and grace at every turn!


We are blessed beyond measure - Addison is a gift the is exceedingly, abundantly beyond anything we could have imagined!

5 comments:

pyrotechny said...

Congratulations! she sure is!

Davene said...

How wonderful! Congratulations!!!! And welcome, sweet baby Addison!

I'm eager to read about the birth story, but take your time and enjoy these irreplaceable moments with your daughter! :)

Cheryl said...

What a sweet pea! PTL! ENJOY!

April said...

Congrats! So glad we got to see her. God bless you guys. Hope you're getting some sleep!

Karla said...

congrats. so excited for you.