Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A Gift to Remember

I gave birth to Addison in the wee hours of a Friday morning in August. Later that same day, while I was in the ladies' room - a mysterious gift bag appeared on my pillow. Inside the gift bag was another bag - a bag with the above logo. Inside that bag was a silver box - engraved with my name, "wife" and "mother" It was a gift from my husband in celebration of Addison's birth. Inside the silver box was a beautiful Tiffany necklace with a silver heart - a heart that was to be engraved with our daughter's name and birth date.
What a thoughtful gift that made me feel so loved, cherished appreciated. It was made even more special to know that while I was waiting for little girl those last days, my husband was making plans of his own to bless & surprise me.
All of which I was :)




3 comments:

Kristen said...

Wow. Wow. and Wow...did I mention wow?

Crystal said...

Carla, that's beautiful. What a treasure.

Davene said...

That really is beautiful! Good job to your hubby!