Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Taste of Favor

Pollyanna.

Did you ever see that Disney movie? A young orphan girl, living with an aunt, adapting to life with a smile on her face. What I have always liked about this young girl was her ability to not only find the good in any given situation but to search for it in all situations.

As I have been pondering the idea of living under the Favor of God, I've come to realize that I have for a long time been IN God's favor. I'm just now in a season of me learning to recognize His favor that is already there and to ask for more. To search for His favor that I know must be there because He already said that it was. And what God says IS truth.

Anyway, all that to be able to share a neat little bit of favor God showed me yesterday. My mom and I had just returned from a nearby thrift store where I had been hoping to maybe find a few maternity clothes, cheap :) Now a dear friend had already loaned me some of hers, but I felt I needed a few more pieces since my due date isn't until the end of July and hers was last spring. No sooner did I get back from a disappointing excursion (meaning I didn't find anything!) When the same dear friend called with an offer.

Friend: "Are you busy? Could you get away from work?"

me: "yep - not too bad we're all caught up"

Friend: " Well, Kohl's is having 30%-40% off their maternity AND I have a 30% off in addition to that coupon"

Me: " I'm on my way!!!!!"


I mean, wow, clothes on sale AND an extra discount a friend was willing to share. As it turned out, they didn't have a large selection BUT I found several summer pieces for less than 5$each!!! (Thanks friend!!)

I mean really, capri maternity pants for 3-4$
A couple of summer maternity tops for 2-6$

It was unreal , it was great ..... it WAS God. The neat thing about all of this is just the small ways God takes care of me. He knows that in the spring and summer I work most Saturdays, so I can't really go to yard sales - so it was like God provided me with a January yard sale via Kohl's.

I know it is easy to see God in that bit of favor, but my prayer in the coming months is that I will search out His favor. That I will ask and keep asking for His favor in all areas of my life. And not just for me, but for my extened family, friends, customers, people I come in contact with - because Pollyanna changed a town by having a "Pollyanna view" of life. One that looks for and searches out the good in all situations, one that has a happy, joyfull heart. One that looks for the good in everyone, who sees light and life. All the things that God is.

I want to be like that.


Just call me Pollyanna.

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

Awesome :) I know what ya mean... to SEE the Favor I think sometimes we may take or granted...
He really does pour it out daily, doesn't he?!

Jo Ann said...

Great post! I love Pollyanna for those very reasons, too. I'm really having to work at maintaining a mindset that I already walk in His favor, thanks for the reminder!

Christin said...

I love stories like this!!

Davene said...

That's wonderful; I'm so glad for you!

Crystal said...

Yay for inexpensive maternity clothes!!

Christin said...

Okay, for those of us that don't get to see you at church anymore,, I keep waiting to see a PREGNANT picture of you.

How's that for a not-so-subtle hint?

Carl8ta said...

ha ha christin - there are no preggie pics posted because ....
drumroll....

i haven't taken any preggie pics - ha ha ha ha - can you just hear the evil laugh... seriously, I haven't really taken the time to do it, the only pics of me pregnant are from Christmas and I don't think they look a whole lot different from before...

i'll se what i can do about those pics.....