Thursday, January 8, 2009

January = Bridal Shows

Ahhh, January, the month that retail workers look forward to - it means the freezy of Christmas has passed and those hard working floral designers can take a much needed rest, right?!

Nope. Not for this group. As you have probably noticed in earlier postings, we do a lot of weddings. And well, January is the month of BRIDAL SHOWCASES. Basically, it's the home and garden show of the wedding industry - only there's 3 or 4 of them right in a row!!! Last week we had our biggest one (well for us, as our workload is doubled because we decorate the runway as well as our 'booth') and this week we have another one.

Now Bridal shows aren't so bad, as we get to explore the depths of our creativity and do all those things that a florist dreams of doing. So in that respect it is a lot of fun.

So what's not fun about all of this??? Glad you asked. Bridal shows are always on Sundays. Which means 2 seven day work weeks in a row for me and a lot of time on my feet. And I miss church.

But like the holidays, i just tell myself, it's just a season and God will provide. And judging from last week, He did provide me with the energy I needed, no headaches (I always have raging headaches by the end of these shows - allergies :( ) and plenty of help to set up, take down and clean up.

Thank you Lord!!!



now, how far off is Valentine's Day?!!!!
(less than 5 weeks)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Wow, do you live there??? It's beautiful!

Carl8ta said...

M. Elin N. - sorry to say that no I don't live at the place my photo was taken - it was taken in Venice, while on a trip.

Alas, it is so very beautiful, I would love to go back for a longer stay.

Crystal said...

I've been thinking about you as Valentine's Day approaches. Praying for lots of energy and grace to get it all done with ease. Isn't it nice that 2nd trimester brings more energy? ;)