Friday, June 13, 2008

Fridays

I can remember, if I think hard enough, the days when I looked forward to Friday. You know, the whole 'whew, it's Friday' or the 'I'm so glad it's Friday - I don't haffta come into work tomorrow' or 'WHOOO-HOOO!!'




Nowadays, Friday signifies something quite different. Fridays are the gearing up- the getting ready- the day that our workroom becomes wedding central. Bouquets are being made, altar pieces arranged, corsages being put together. All in all, a beehive of activity ~ complete with worker bees.




So today is one of those Fridays ~ right now the worker bees are working on pew decorations. I am getting ready to do a large altar piece. All in preparation for tomorrow's BIG day of decorating.




Is it Sunday yet?

**note - obviously, I didn't post in a timely manner. Below are some photos of the big day. Also, to clairify, I do so enjoy my 'big days' of decorating. There is something so fullfilling about planning a design on paper and then seeing it come to life the day of the wedding.**





1 comment:

Davene said...

Oooo...I love the vibrancy of those colors!