Wednesday, June 11, 2008

So this past weekend was an interesting one - what with setting up and outdoor wedding/reception in 100 degree heat - whew - can I just say that I had a lot of sympathy for everyone in their fancy dress in that heat. Yikes! Makes me glad I got married in April. I know my husband was was thankful for an April wedding rather than a June/July (he's not a fan of hot summer days)

However, on Sunday, some friends invited to go boating. What a GREAT time out on the lake - thanks M&K!!!! I sooooooo needed a day out of town, and what better way to do that than spending time on the water! It was wonderfully relaxing and we had a lot of laughs. Sorry, no pictures as I was not about to take my camera out on the lake - I'm a little to much of a clutz for that :)

2 comments:

Davene said...

I just saw in the Shenandoah Journal about you doing the flowers for the wedding exhibit at the Historical Society. That's wonderful!!!

Carl8ta said...

yes - I did. They brought me photos and silk flowers and I donated my time (and my staff's time) to re-construct bouquets to match the pictures they brought. I hope to stop by the exhibit sometime soon!