Friday, February 20, 2009

Recovered

Valentine's Day is officaly almost a week past *yippiee*

I am thankful to say that we all survived and it was a good holiday. My dear Husband did a great job of encouraging me to rest and sleep (and those that know me well - EAT!) as much as possible considering that I was on my feet 9-12 hours a day.

Not only that, but on The Day, after it was all over and I was all comfey, clean and in a fluffy robe - he gave me a V day gift. Now note that we don't typically celebrate until the following week because it is just toooo crazy. But there, sitting on my pillow was a beautiful cloth covered gift box with the cutest bear with ribbon embroidery on it's tummy. Inside was bath salts, bubble bath, bath gel, chocolates and a really neat book. I was surprised and felt so loved and taken care of - but it didn't stop there. He said there was more. More??!! This is enough, why more?? He then told me that he had a very special date night planned for this Saturday the 21st.

Wow. It was so unexpected. I was overwhelmed. I was close to tears. I can't explain how his demonstration of love affected my heart. Even as I type this, I am still overwhelmed by his thoughtfulness. You see, not only did he help me after he got off work and on Saturday - but he was having a very busy week of his own at his job. So to know that he had thought of me in the midst of all the craziness both of our jobs entailed, when I personally was just trying to have the energy to make it through - I was blessed beyond words. Beyond words.

Needless to say, I am soooooo looking forward to tomorrow night!

I have the BEST husband in the world!

3 comments:

Crystal said...

I'm so happy to know you survived V Day. I've thought of you many times over the last couple of weeks. And you're right - you're very blessed to have such a thoughtful husband. Good job, Glen! :0)

Davene said...

Yay for thoughtful, romantic husbands!

Have a great time tomorrow evening; and of course, you'll have to blog about it. ;)

Christin said...

Why am I not surprised? (Woo Hoo, Glenn!) That man of yours is a romantic one...

VERY glad Vtines day is over. til next year. hee hee

saw you from a far today at church (yes, I actually came!) but was too wrapped up in making sure none of my kiddos had a meltdown. Still wanting to see that preggie belly of yours :D