Monday, February 9, 2009

So it Begins...



In case you haven't looked at your calender recently - this Saturday is Valentine's Day. For a florist - this is a very big deal. It means long hours, endless numbers of dozen rose and other arrangements and, well to put it mildly, lots of of flowers.

So today, on my day off, I stopped in to do a couple of quick things....several hours later - I finally get to continue with my day off. *grin* But I can't complain. In fact my heart is that I don't want to complain. In fact, I have been asking the Lord for a BUSY V-Day. That he would inspire men that the beauty of flowers speak volumes and can do something in a woman's heart that she can't even describe. (If you've read the book Captivating - I think it has a lot to do with Stacey's explanation of the need for beauty)

So in a 'down' economy, I'm believing God for a great holiday that will provide not only for me but for my regular employees, and those that I have hired that might need the extra boost during these winter months. I'm believing for a blessing that flies in the face of everything that the news has been telling us. I'm believing for the favor of God for this week. Not just for me but for all those working for me as well. That this will be a holiday for us as well - that my store will be filled with a party-like atmosphere and that all of us would be a blessing to those we are serving this week.

My prayer is that you would experience Valentine's Day in a new way. That God would amaze you this week with some beauty of his creation - just for you, because you are worth the extravagance of heaven.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Yeah, bring it on...let's have a great weekend!! :)

Crystal said...

Those flowers are beautiful!! There's something about monochromatic arrangements that I find sublime. They almost look edible. I just want to keep staring at them. Or maybe eat them. ;-)

Praying for abundant business this week. :)

Brittany said...

*sigh* This girl is not expecting flowers.....just not in the budget this year. But they are so nice to get, aren't they? I hope everything goes smoothly!

Christin said...

praying for you as you tackle FLOWERS FLOWERS FLOWERS on top of pregnancy...which we all know requires lots of rest. which we all know doesn't come for you during this season.

hugs