Monday, August 4, 2008

All things Veggie

Sometimes life amazes me. Other times it just amuses me.

Today, it amuses.

As I was cleaning house yesterday, I found myself humming/singing a tune. You might think that it was a worship song from that morning's church service or maybe a song from the radio. Alas, no.

So what song was issuing from my lips, you ask?


It was Veggie Tales. Madame Blueberry's song "I'm so Blue" to be exact.


Now to completely understand and appreciate the complete craziness of this, you need to know that I have no children, I have no reason to have Veggie Tales in my head. No reason that is until you factor in the crazy people I work with and their love of all things Veggie Tales. In, fact, as I type this I have already listened to 3, count them 3 Veggie Tales sing along CDs and it's not even lunch.

I think there is no hope for removing Veggie songs from my mind. So I will continue to hum/sing Veggie songs at odd times.

So to my neighbors, please don't think of me as the crazy Lady next door - just give me grace and know that it's not craziness - it just the repercussions of working with creative people all day.

6 comments:

Brittany said...

"Madame Blueberry" is the BEST VT episode! I prefer the song "You Are His Cheeseburger" myself! :-)

Davene said...

Oh, those Veggie Tales songs! They do get stuck in the head, that's for sure!

Carl8ta said...

we currently have a 'rocked up' version of the most popular VT songs performed by different Christian rock groups. It's quite different.

and the cheeseburger song has been 'acted out' by the employees

Kristen said...

Ah yes, veggie tales are still part of my life. Just watched Wonderful Wizard of Has this morning...with the kids. :) Reminds me though...are any of those Veggie Tale CDs at the shop mine? They would have my name written on them...can't seem to find mine. :)

pyrotechny said...

Are you kidding? You ARE the CRAZY LADY NEXT DOOR! (and I should know...I've known you all your life!) Besides, I HAVE 4 kids, and I don't sing VT songs.
(Now, where is my hairbrush, oh where is my hairbrush?)

Beth said...

You crack me up. That is hilarious!