Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Fair Night

So last night we went to the County Fair. As we were sitting in the loooong car line to get into the fair, my husband made an interesting statement:
"I bet that before we leave tonite you will have stopped and talked to at least 10 people."

Really??!!

But isn't that the point of going to the fair?

So while hubby parks the car, he lets me out to stand in line for tickets.

As, I head towards the gate I hear my name called - wouldn't you know the guy parking cars was someone I knew. 1 down 9 to go

When we got into the car to go hame later that night, I asked Hubbo if I had talked to 10 people ~ his response:

"I quit counting at 10."

Enough said.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

You mean I could have been on the list of 10+? :) We were there too, sorry we missed you...we do usually see you there.

Jolanthe said...

Now seriously. Are you surprised? I can just hear Rick saying something rather similar to me. :)

hee hee

Jolanthe

Crystal said...

I don't know how many times I've said something similar to my husband. When we're in the 'burg, he's constantly running into people. Constantly. You people who grew up in that area know EVERYBODY!! It's pretty amazing. ;)

Davene said...

That's hilarious! :)

I think Jeff and I came out fairly even as far as how many people we knew at the fair. You'd think I would know a lot more people around here than him, but because he sees SO MANY people at the barbershop, he is usually the one who knows more people when we're out and about.

Your line about "isn't that the point of going to the fair?" cracked me up! :)

pyrotechny said...

In our house it's BOTH of us...and it's our CHILDREN complaining!!! LOL!

Hey, Why did you make him wait in the car line to get in! Why didn't show him the other way to get in to the Fairgrounds?