Saturday, March 14, 2009

Cool Timing

So with this whole pregnancy thing - from the time before conception- I have been actively confessing the Lord's timing in the whole thing. Honestly, it's this daily (sometimes hourly) confession of His timing and His providence that keeps me from going over the edge of worry. I had to laugh when I realized that God had timed the baby so perfectly, that I was well over the 1st trimester of fatigue and nausea before my busy weeks of Valentine's Day. Imagine my surprise when it clicked with me that I have my first ultrasound on Monday (I'll be 20&1/2 weeks). Why is that so special? Because today is my birthday, and my Monday morning 8:00am ultrasound appointment is the first appointment following my birthday. I know that my seem small, but to me it is a wonderful birthday present and a beautiful reminder that God has the "how" of everything figured out and I don't have to worry about it. So on those days that I try and take control, I love having these small reminders of just how well God has it all in His hands and that I can sit back, relax, enjoy the journey and not allow worry to steal the joy of this special time in my life.

4 comments:

Davene said...

That's great! I'm so glad you're noticing all these little details of how God is watching out for you.

Happy birthday!!! And enjoy that oh-so-precious ultrasound. :)

Crystal said...

Can't wait to hear about the ultrasound. :-)

Blackwell said...

How Awesome!! I can't wait to hear all about the ultrasound!! :)

Brittany said...

It's always a welcome reminder that God's timing is perfect, not ours. And if there's anything parenting will teach you it's that you have to give up control....well, most of it, that is. :-)

Glad to hear the u/s went well and you FINALLY got to see the little Yoder! How precious!