Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Baby's Room

So Ta-Da, here it is - the baby's room! I snapped a few quick pics. This is one corner of the room that has the antique rocking chair that I'll be using in the middle of the nite ;) The pictures on the wall are a Victorian costume painting/sketch that I did in college, a poster print of a Da Vinci sketch of Mary, baby Jesus, Elizabeth and John that I got at a the musem in England where I saw the original and the 3rd is an antique mother/daughter print.Wall hanging, antique chair and dried flowers...I just love the texture in the wall hangingDresser that used to be in my mom's room when she was a teenager (it was in my room too as a teen)

I love this little shelf - the figurine is a music box & the little purse was a wedding gift...


This is a one-of-a-kind handcrafted stained glass mobile that one of my employees made for Baby Girl. It is the neatest thing! She makes jewelry and stained glass windows I just love it!!!




Here's the handmade cradle that was made for Glenn and his siblings with the Baby Girl's new quilt displayed on the wall and her collection of stuffed animals on the floor beside it!





The matching diaper stacker ...




And no your eyes do not deceive you - the walls are 2 different colors! Two of the walls are a light grey and the opposite 2 walls are a sage green...another shot of the stained glass, cradle and quilt & another antique Victorian print






Current changing table with a view and the satin & sheer sage curtains.


So I guess we're ready now to just add Baby Girl:) I'll be 39 weeks on Wednesday!

5 comments:

Blackwell said...

It's beautiful Carla!

Crystal said...

Beautiful, Carla.

Looks like nesting to me. ;-)

pyrotechny said...

Beautiful, it is so YOU!
Who did the quilt and diaper stacker, they are sweet!

Jo Ann said...

It's so pretty. Just perfect for baby girl!

Davene said...

Gorgeous!