Thursday, July 30, 2009

Not Yet

So little girl has decided to take after her mommy and be fashionably late :) I'm not really all that bothered. I've got some things I'd like to do this weekend, so if she wants to wait until nest week I'm fine with that. Since opening my shop 13 years ago - I've learned to take each day as it comes - and most importantly - I've learned that things don't always go according to MY shcedule. I've learned to go with flow of the day - if I have plans, well, they are subject to change at a given moment, a given phone call. So I've adopted the same attitude with the arrival of Baby Girl. I took the due date 'under advisement' and haven't focused too much on THE day. In fact it was rather fun last night, when at Target, I ran into 4 ladies, 3 of which were prgnant and some had just fould out if they were having a boy or girl. When they asked my due date - to which I replied it's today! They just couldn't believe I was out and about on my due date! I just thought it was funny!!!

So here I am, working on a wedding, waiting for baby and focusing on enjoying the last few days of 'togetherness' that Bay Girl and I have :)

Happy Thursday to you all!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

That's such a great attitude. I remember working at the shop several days past my due date...customers would ask when I was due and I'd say, "Three days ago." Yeah, the reactions are great! :)

Davene said...

I've been wondering... :)

I'm so proud of you for keeping a patient attitude!

April said...

The due date is usually only a guess of when the baby should come. So enjoy your time. Unless you are planning on leaving the area, don't worry about it. Give us a call when things do start to happen. Good luck and praying for you guys!

Karla said...

Glad to hear you are still doing well. Can't wait to hear more when she does arrive. My nephew #6 (third child for my sister here) arrived on Friday morning and they are doing well. Made me think of you and check in. Thanks for the update...